Elk Lake Resort & Marina | Owner-Operator Investment
Elk Lake Resort and Marina is Central Oregon’s premier destination year-round resort. Located on Cascade Lakes Highway 25 minutes west of Bend, Oregon, the resort is a mecca for both summer and winter outdoor enthusiasts. This is an Owner-Operator Investment.
Elk Lake Resort and Marina is Central Oregon’s premier destination year-round resort. Located on Cascade Lakes Highway 25 minutes west of Bend, Oregon, the resort is a mecca for both summer and winter outdoor enthusiasts. Originally constructed in 1921 by the Wilcoxen family, Elk Lake has been owned and operated by a number of families who loved the lake and the lodge. The Hap Taylor family owned the lodge for a few years; and the Hackbart family owned and operated the lodge for 22 years, finally selling the lodge to Jim Bendis, owner of Bend Distillery.
Elk Lake Partners took ownership of the property in 1994 and many of the structures, restoration, expansion, and events that the public enjoys today were put in place by this passionate group of people. Restoration and improvement of amenities continue with the current owners who purchased the resort in 2013 upgrading cabins, docks, and the lodge, all in an attempt to keep in step with the volume of people who come to enjoy the lake and its surroundings each season. They follow the tradition of owners who are truly enamored with the honor of caretaking Elk Lake Resort.
The resort continues to hit 100% occupancy levels even during COVID-19 as guests from all over the United States appreciate the peaceful setting with the ability to properly social distance.
In the winter months, Elk Lake Resort’s Sno-Cat shuttle service and ski-in & ski-out provide guests with many options to enjoy Elk Lake including premier snowmobile terrain, backcountry skiing, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, and winter camping. For more information about Elk Lake, visit their website www.elklakeresort.net
LOT SIZE: 16 +/- Acres
ZONING: F-1 Forest Service
• Historic Lodge with full-service bar & kitchen including indoor & outdoor dining with new outdoor deck & pizza kitchen
• 13 cabin rentals, 10 with full kitchens
• Maintenance/tool shop
• Multiple outdoor restrooms
• 3 RV sites that accommodate up to a 32-foot RV
• 6 glamping campsites (each of which can accommodate four (4) people)
• 3 premium tent sites each of which can accommodate three (3) 4-person tents
• Onsite well
• Fuel station with excellent parking close to all amenities
• Full-size boat ramp
• Long-term boat slip rentals
• Paddleboard, kayak, canoe, and boat rentals
• Day dock & mobile day dock
• 3 Pontoon boats/party barge
Secluded deep within the Cascade Mountains, Fratzke Commercial presents an incredible opportunity to own and operate Elk Lake Resort. Located on the southwest slope of Mt Bachelor, just 25 miles from Bend, this year-round resort includes both summer and winter income streams. Purchased in 2013 by Pat and Wendy Prive, the resort has been brought back to a flourishing full-season resort with a full-service marina, 13 private cabins, outdoor glamping, and camping sites, updated historic lodge with a full kitchen restaurant and bar with indoor and outdoor seating. Pat and Wendy have completed significant upgrades including a new outdoor kitchen, deck expansion, new docks in the marina, and a loyal and dedicated staff prepared to work for and support the new owner(s). Winter operations have been enhanced with a new Piston Bully Sno-Cat, snowmobiles, and a reservation and accounting/billing system.
FINANCIALS & DUE DILIGENCE
Upon a signed Non-Disclosure Agreement (located at the end of this document) and confirmation of the Buyer’s qualifications, the following materials are available:
- A comprehensive set of financials for the past three years, 2019, 2020 & 2021 including a Balance Sheet,
Profit and Loss, and Line Item Account of Expenses and Revenue
- A complete breakdown of all personal equipment and assets including the following:
– Marina Equipment
– Vehicles and Equipment
– Winter Equipment
- A complete breakdown of all improvements over the past 7 years of ownership
- Permit with the United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service
- Phase III Environmental
- Master Plan 2019
- Occupancy Reports
- Employee Compensation
60000 Cascade Lakes Highway
Property Type: Specialty
Lot Size: 16.1 Acres